TINT has just released ‘The 2018 User Generated Content Marketing Report‘ and the findings will blow your mind. The study examines the role of user-generated content within a successful marketing strategy and why UGC is so important for marketers today.
We surveyed 500+ marketing and business professionals, 42% of which were TINT users and 58% professional marketers not using TINT, and found that user-generated content has had an impact in three key areas: humanizing marketing, boosting social media metrics, and supporting marketing campaigns.
Results showed that 25% of TINT users listed “increasing engagement” as their key goal, showing they adhere to the idea that content boosts awareness and engagement. A further 42% claimed that engagement was their key performance indicator (KPI), highlighting just how important interaction and community is for brands today.
The report also found that TINT users and non-TINT users alike struggled to find the time to create content. Keeping up with the fast pace of the internet is a major sore point for marketers, with 36% saying that lack of time was the primary factor for not creating as much content as they’d like.
Key Findings for Marketers:
UGC has an impact beyond the top of the funnel
- 59% of marketers say UGC helps them easily display content online
- Almost half of marketers agree that UGC humanizes marketing – something that’s incredibly important in an age where consumers are seeking authentic connections with brands
- UGC helps 45% of marketers increase their social metrics
- 44% of marketers say that UGC supports their marketing campaigns
UGC is invaluable in wider marketing campaigns
- Almost 60% of marketers claim UGC is a helpful addition to their overall marketing strategies
- 43% go so far as to say that UGC is invaluable to their marketing
- When it comes to authenticity, 70% agree that UGC makes marketing more human
UGC is a powerful Omni-Channel strategy
- Marketers leverage UGC across all parts of their marketing strategy, from email marketing and ad campaigns, to presentations and microsites
- 65% of TINT users are able to easily leverage the UGC tool for their marketing activities
When 92% of consumers are more likely to trust a recommendation from a friend than branded content, the authentic approach to content is the best practice.
The report shows that marketers are increasingly becoming aware of the power of UGC, and not just for top of the funnel activities. Authentic marketing in the form of UGC can be leveraged at all stages of the consumer journey, saving marketers time, money, and resources.
Download the full report here!